Beginner Level Syllabus
After working through the material in the Basic Level you should have strong knowledge of the basics of options trading and the option markets. Buying and selling options of options is covered along with the introduction to option terminology and some basic strategies. Upon successful completion of the exercises and exam included in this syllabus you will be fully prepared to dive into the material presented in the Intermediate Level.
Required Online Courses
- Options Warm-up: The Language of Options and Options' Mechanics
- Fundamentals of Equity Options: Basic terminology, characteristics and concepts of equity options.
- Fundamentals of Index Options: Basic terminology, characteristics and concepts of index options.
- Introduction to Options Basics: Terminology, characteristics and concepts unique to options.
- Profit and Loss Diagrams
- Covered Call Writing: The basics of Covered Call Writing including assignment, tax implications and the Buy/Write strategy.
Required Strategy Discussions
- Equity Option Strategies - Buying Calls
- Equity Option Strategies - Buying Puts
- Equity Option Strategies - Covered Calls
- Equity Option Strategies - Protective Puts
- Equity Option Strategies - Cash-Secured Puts
- Simulated Trading Tools - open an account and trade all strategies from the required strategy discussions.
- Proficiency Exam - Beginner Level