Intermediate Level Syllabus
After working through the material in the Intermediate Level you should have strong knowledge of basic spread trading. Bull, bearish, neutral, and volatility oriented spreads will be covered. In addition, some basic curriculum on time oriented and LEAPS trading strategies are covered. Up successful completion of the exercises and exam included in this syllabus you will be fully prepared to dive into the material presented in the Advanced Level.
Required Online Courses
- Trading Strategies: Topics covered include leverage, covered straddle, stock repair, LEAPS® and buying calls and puts.
- Spreading I: An introduction to using spreads, including an overview of the four Vertical Spreads: Bull Call Spreads, Bear Put Spreads, Bear Call Spreads and Bull Put Spreads.
- Fundamentals of Index Options: Basic terminology, characteristics and concepts of index options.
- Basics of Spreading: Vertical Spreads: Detailed explanations, along with examples of Vertical Spreads.
- Basics of Spreading: Time Spreads: Detailed explanations, along with examples of Time Spreads.
- Basics of Spreading: Straddles and Strangles: Detailed explanations, along with examples of Straddles and Strangles.
Required Strategy Discussions
- LEAPS Option Strategies - Buying Index LEAPS Bull Call Spreads
- Simulated Trading Tools - trade all strategies in the required webcasts section.
- Proficiency Exam - Intermediate Level