The website of OCC (Options Clearing Corporation) has links to a number of OCC publications, including the OCC Rules.
Some of the many sections of the OCC Rules pertaining to margins include:
- Chapter VI - Margins
- Rule 601 - Margin Requirements
- Rule 602 - Customer-Level Margin Requirements
- Rule 604 - Form of Margin Assets
- Rule 611 - Segregation of Long Positions
- Rule 613 - Escrow Deposit Program
- Chapter VII - Cross-Margining with Participating CCOs
- Chapter VIII - Exercise and Assignment
- Chapter IX - Delivery of Underlying Securities
This website is only a brief summary and should only serve as a supplement to careful review of relevant CBOE rules and federal securities laws dealing with margin requirements. The requirements explained here are based on publication date rules and regulations, and therefore, subject to change. This website should be used as a reference document and is not intended to be an all-encompassing restatement of Federal Reserve Board and Exchange margin rules. Brokerage firms may require customers to post higher margins than the minimum margins specified on this website. For more information on margin requirements for options, please contact CBOE's Department of Member Firm Regulation at (312) 786-7718. In addition please see the discussion of margins in the Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options publication, Chapter 12 of the rules of the CBOE, and also the 41-page CBOE Margin Manual.
Copyright 2014 Chicago Board Options Exchange, All Rights Reserved