CBOE COMMUNITIES USER GUIDELINES
Welcome to the Chicago Board Options Exchange, Incorporated (CBOE) Communities. The CBOE Communities serves as a forum for CBOE customers to share ideas, ask questions and engage in discussions about CBOE?s products and services. As a community forum, it is important to establish basic ground rules to ensure a positive experience for all users. Please refer to the CBOE Communities User Agreement for more information.
These User Guidelines may be changed at any time, so it is important to review them frequently.
The following guidelines are meant to provide ground rules regarding what is expected of CBOE Communities users.
- Be respectful. The CBOE Communities is intended for open and honest discussion. All comments must be respectful and kind to other users of the CBOE Communities.
- Stay on topic. Make sure your contributions are relevant to the purpose of the CBOE Communities and to the specific forum or blog where you post. Off-topic or unproductive posts are prohibited. Advertisements or solicitations are not permitted.
- Keep your word. Do not post anything that would violate any contractual agreements (copyright, trade secret, or otherwise) or nondisclosure agreements to which you are a party.
- Protect privacy. It is inadvisable to share personal information in public posts. To share personal information (such as address or phone number) with other users, private messages are recommended. Sharing the personal information of others is strictly prohibited.
- Search before you post. If you are looking for an answer to a specific question, it is always advisable that users search the archives of previous messages to avoid duplication of questions and to take advantage of previous contributions from the community.
The following are examples of conduct that may result in the suspension or termination of a user's access to the CBOE Communities, as solely determined by CBOE:
- Posting any Information that is false, libelous, defamatory, inaccurate, obscene, profane, sexually explicit, pornographic, harassing, discriminatory, abusive, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, racially or ethically objectionable, threatening, invasive of another?s privacy, or otherwise in violation of any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned from the CBOE Communities (and your Internet service provider being informed). The IP address of all users posting Information is recorded to aid in enforcing these rules.
- Posting Information designed to evade profanity or other filters.
- Posting any Information that may violate any applicable laws, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission, and any rules of CBOE or any other exchange.
- Posting any Information that interferes with the operation of the CBOE Communities or with another user?s ability to use the CBOE Communities.
- Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes and solicitations are forbidden on the CBOE Communities.
- Making legal threats against CBOE, CBOE Affiliates or other users.
- Posting off-topic Information that is not relevant to the CBOE Communities or community purpose. References to commercial endeavors, other sites or forums, and the like may only be posted if they are relevant to the current discussion.
- Profanity and objectionably graphic material is not permitted.
- Posting any Information that you do not have the right to make available.
- Posting any Information that infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party beyond accepted "fair use" without permission of the rights holder. Posting a copyrighted article in its entirety without the permission of the rights holder. Information that you post must be your own work or work to which you have a license.
- Falsifying your identity such as representing yourself as another person or posting under multiple usernames.
- Posting hyperlinks to websites that violate the CBOE Communities User Agreement or that may create liability for CBOE or its officers, directors, permit holders or employees, including links to file sharing sites or sites containing pirated content.
- Posting any material, content or hyperlinks that contains contaminating or destructive features such as software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Disclosing private information that is not your own or that you do not have rights to transmit, such as passwords, telephone numbers, addresses or other contact information that is not your own, or private information such as social security numbers.
- Attempting to screen scrape or harvest any screen names, email addresses or other information for any commercial use or collecting or storing personal information about any other user of the CBOE Communities.
- Posting recommendations to buy or sell securities or other financial instruments or other investment advice or any statements that could be construed as such.
- Submitting duplicate or excessively repetitive submissions in one or more areas.
- Evading CBOE Communities or CBOE.com controls such as bans, or otherwise disregard the directions of the site administrators or Moderators.
By using the CBOE Communities you agree to follow these guidelines as well as comply with the CBOE Communities User Agreement for the CBOE Communities. Please report any violations of these guidelines or the User Agreement to CBOE by sending an email to email@example.com.
CBOE Personnel: The CBOE Communities is a moderated forum. From time to time, moderators may participate in discussions, but their primary purpose is to help facilitate the functioning of the communities and assist you in its use. CBOE employees posting to the CBOE Communities are also subject to CBOE?s Interactive Social Media Policy and other applicable CBOE policies.
Your submission of information to the CBOE Communities does not guarantee that such information, or any part thereof, will appear on the CBOE Communities. CBOE may, in its sole discretion, choose to display or not to display any information or any part of information that you submit.
Complaints or grievances relative to a specific transaction or service of CBOE should not be posted on the CBOE Communities. For any questions or concerns regarding a particular service or transaction, you must contact CBOE directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.