Cboe - Copyright & Trademark Information
All content and images used on this website are owned or licensed by Cboe Global Markets, Inc. (Cboe) or its affiliates. Unauthorized use is prohibited.
© 1995 - 2022 Cboe Exchange, Inc. All rights reserved.
Names, logos, designs, titles, words or phrases in this website may constitute trademarks, service marks, or trade names of Cboe or its affiliates. The following are some of the registered trademarks that are owned by Cboe or its affiliates. These marks are registered in the U.S. and may also be registered in countries around the world.
Bats® (text and design marks)
Bats Global Markets®
Bats Trading, Inc.®
Cboe Global Markets®
Cboe Options Institute®
Cboe Stock Exchange®
Cboe Volatility Index®
Chicago Board Options Exchange®
Direct Edge® (text and design marks)
Direct Edge ECN®
Edge Routed Liquidity Report®
Edge Ticker Plant®
Making Markets Better®
PULSe Trader Workstation®
THE OPTIONS INSTITUTE CBOE (design mark)
The Options Toolbox®
Why buy a stock when you can lease it®
The following are some of the service marks that are owned by Cboe or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally.
Best Execution Assurance Program℠
Cboe Futures Exchange℠
Cboe Innovation Hub℠
Cboe Russell 2000 Volatility Index℠
Cboe Short-Term Volatility Index℠
Cboe/CBOT 10-year U.S. Treasury Note Volatility Index℠
Cboe/CME FX British Pound Volatility Index℠
Cboe/CME FX Euro Volatility Index℠
Cboe/CME FX Yen Volatility Index℠
It's About Time℠
Long-term Equity AnticiPation Securities℠
The Cboe Volatility Exchange℠
The Exchange of Vision℠
The Options Institute℠
Cboe has licensed a number of trademarks from third parties from whom it has also licensed indices ("Index Providers"), which may be included on this website or in other materials related to CGI indices and Cboe Indexed Financial Products, as follows:
- Standard & Poor's®, S&P®, S&P 100®, S&P 500®, Standard & Poor's 500®, SPDR®, Standard & Poor's Depositary Receipts®, SPX®, Standard & Poor's 500, 500, Standard & Poor's 100, 100, Standard & Poor's SmallCap 600, S&P SmallCap 600, S&P 500 Dividend Index, Standard & Poor's Super Composite 1500, S&P Super Composite 1500, Standard & Poor's 1500 and S&P 1500 are trade names or trademarks of Standard & Poor's Financial Services, LLC. Any products that have an S&P Index or indices as their underlying interest are not sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by S&P OPCO LLC ("Standard & Poor's").
- Russell, Russell 1000®, Russell 2000®, Russell 3000® and Russell MidCap® are registered trademarks of the Frank Russell Company, used under license.
- FTSE® and the FTSE indices are trademarks and service marks of FTSE International Limited, used under license.
- Dow Jones®, Dow Jones Industrial Average®, DJIA® and Dow Jones Indexes are trademarks or service marks of Dow Jones Trademark Holdings, LLC ("Dow Jones"), have been licensed for use for certain purposes by the Cboe Companies. Derivative indices created, used and distributed by Cboe Companies and any investment products based thereon are not sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by Dow Jones, and Dow Jones makes no representation regarding the advisability of investing in any investment product that is based on any such derivative indices.
- The Nasdaq-100 Index®, Nasdaq-100®, The Nasdaq National Market®, Nasdaq®, Nasdaq-100 Shares and Nasdaq-100 Trust are trademarks or service marks of The Nasdaq Stock Market, Inc. (with which its affiliates are the "Corporations"). These marks are licensed for use by Cboe Exchange, Inc. in connection with the trading of products based on the Nasdaq-100 Index. The CBOE Nasdaq-100 Volatility Index (the ''Volatility Index") and CBOE Nasdaq-100 BuyWrite Index (the “BuyWrite Index”) are not derived, maintained, published, calculated or disseminated by the Corporations. Neither the Volatility Index, the BuyWrite Index nor any Product based on the Volatility Index or BuyWrite Index has been passed on by the Corporations as to its legality or suitability. Such Products are not issued, endorsed, sold, or promoted by the Corporations. THE CORPORATIONS MAKE NO WARRANTIES AND BEAR NO LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE VOLATILITY INDEX OR BUYWRITE INDEX.
- CME® and CBOT® are trademarks of CME Group, Inc. (CME). Cboe has, with the permission of CME, used the CME trademark in the Cboe/CME FX Euro Volatility Index℠, Cboe/CME FX British Pound Volatility Index℠, and Cboe/CME FX Yen Volatility Index℠, and the CBOT trademark in Cboe/CBOT 10-year U.S. Treasury Note Volatility Index.
- MSCI and the MSCI index names are service marks of MSCI Inc. (“MSCI”) or its affiliates and have been licensed for use by the Cboe Companies. Any derivative indexes and any financial products based on the derivative indexes (“Products”) are not sponsored, guaranteed or endorsed by MSCI, its affiliates or any other party involved in, or related to, making or compiling such MSCI index. Neither MSCI, its affiliates nor any other party involved in, or related to, making or compiling any MSCI index makes any representations regarding the advisability of investing in such Products; or any warranty, express or implied; or bears any liability as to the results to be obtained by any person or any entity from the use of any such MSCI index or any data included therein. No purchaser, seller or holder of any Product, or any other person or entity, should use or refer to any MSCI trade name, trademark or service mark to sponsor, endorse, market or promote this security without first contacting MSCI to determine whether MSCI’s permission is required.
Trademark Usage Guidelines
Proper Trademark Usage
Trademarks, service marks, and trade names should be used as proper adjectives used
to modify a noun.
Correct: The VIX® Index is a measure of market expectations of near-term volatility.
Incorrect: VIX is a measure of market expectations of near-term volatility.
Trademarks, service marks, and trade names should not be used in the possessive or
Correct: Cboe Options Institute® classes provide training on how to manage risk.
Incorrect: Cboe Options Institutes provide training on how to manage risk.
Unauthorized Trademark Usage
- You may not use Cboe or affiliate owned trademarks, service marks, or trade names except as described in these usage guidelines.
- You may not use Cboe or affiliate owned trademarks, service marks, or trade names in a disparaging manner.
- You may not use Cboe or affiliate owned trademarks, service marks, or trade names in a way that would imply an endorsement, sponsorship, or affiliation where one does not exist.
- You may not register Cboe or affiliate owned trademarks, service marks, or trade names as part of a product name, service, webpage, or company name.
Trademark Notice and Attribution
Distribution within the United States
_______ and ______ are registered trademarks of Cboe Exchange, Inc.
_______ and ______ are service marks of Cboe Exchange, Inc.
Distribution outside of the United States
_______ and ______ are trademarks of Cboe Exchange, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
_______ and ______ are service marks of Cboe Exchange, Inc.
Products and services offered by Cboe or its affiliates may be covered by one or more patents and pending applications.
XBT futures may be covered by one or more patents and pending applications, including U.S. Patent No. 10,002,389