Unlocking the Potential of the European Derivatives Market
Cboe Europe Derivatives (CEDX) is a new pan-European marketplace which enables participants to access a vibrant equity derivatives market through a single access point. We believe there is an opportunity to improve the equity derivatives market and unlock its true potential through the creation of a transparent, efficient, lit, truly pan-European market. Our mission with CEDX is to build a modern and vibrant pan-European equity derivatives exchange designed to grow the market in Europe and create new opportunities and efficiencies for market participants to express their views and manage their equity exposure.
Read more on how CEDX is bringing competition to Europe’s equity derivatives market here.
A Single Access Point for Pan-European Equity Derivatives Trading and Clearing
Our pan-European model affords all market participants the ability to access a modern, efficient equity derivatives market through one single access point, streamlining trading and clearing.
- Robust market infrastructure that provides efficiencies for customers, and promotes the growth of European capital markets.
- First phase of a one-stop shop for equity derivatives trading, built on a modern platform.
- Product and asset base that delivers collateral and margin benefits against derivatives positions.
Holistic Product Design
We’ve designed our products with customer needs on top of mind. Homogenous contracts based on highly-correlated benchmarks, coupled with market-friendly contract specifications and cost-effective pricing.
- Products are based on Cboe Europe Indices, highly-correlated benchmarks powered by Cboe market data.
- Consistent contract design principles - all indices and contracts built the same way.
- Cboe Europe Derivatives offers futures and options based on key European country benchmarks.
- Over time, Cboe plans to offer futures and options based on additional European country benchmarks, single stock products and shorter duration index option products.
Smart Product Innovation
|Valuable Characteristics||Cboe Europe Derivatives Exchange|
|Consistent index methodology|
|Premium dependent tick size for option contracts|
|Central limit order book driven market structure|
|Price improvement auction mechanism for client orders|
|Transparent block publication regime|
Please visit the Tradable Products resource for detailed contract specifications.
Specifications are available at the Technical Specifications & Connectivity resource. Participants are encouraged to check this resource regularly for updates to the specifications, each of which has a version history to allow readers to identify what has changed between revisions.
This information is not being provided as part of an offer or sale of any futures or options products to any persons located within the United States.