Cboe Equities Exchanges Rule Filings
Rule filings are not effective until approved by the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), with the exception of certain types of rule filings that may take effect upon filing with the SEC if they meet the conditions specified under Section 19 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Rule 19b-4 thereunder. Below are pending rule filings submitted by the Exchange, followed by rule changes that have been approved by the SEC or became immediately effective pursuant to the Exchange Act.
Approved and Immediately Effective Rule Changes
- May 19, 2023
- The Exchange proposes to amend Rule 11.24(e).
- April 21, 2023
- The Exchange proposes to amend its Fee Schedule.
- April 5, 2023
- The Exchange proposes to introduce a new data product to be known as the US Equity Short Volume & Trades Report.
- March 9, 2023
- The Exchange proposes to amend applicable “Sponsored Participants” Rules, to: (1) define the term “Sponsored Access”; (2) provide that the Sponsored Participant rules of the Exchange apply only to the trading of equities; and (3) to codify that the agreement required by and between the Sponsoring Member and Sponsored Participant must include a provision that any Sponsored Access relationship must follow the requirements of SEC Rule 15c3-5, the Market Access Rule (“MAR”).
- February 15, 2023
- The Exchange proposes to amend Rule 11.9, Orders and Modifiers, and Rule 11.12, Priority of Orders, to provide that an order marked sell short will receive a new timestamp when its position is modified using a Replace Message when a short sale price test restriction under Rule 201 of Regulation SHO is in effect for a covered security. The Exchange also proposes to amend Rule 11.13.
- February 9, 2023
- The Exchange proposes to amend applicable exchange rules, Usage of Data feeds, to disclose that the Exchange will utilize direct data feeds from MEMX LLC.
- February 2, 2023
- The Exchange proposes to amend Rule 11.25 to permit Mid-Point Peg Periodic Auction Eligible Orders to contain an instruction to not execute in a locked market while trading on the Continuous Book.